Saturday, October 13, 2007

Engaged

Wow, what a busy October. My brother got engaged which was a highlight. He was so stoked and had been planning this for some time now. Originally he wanted to do a hot air balloon ride in Del Mar but the winds never cooperated. After 3 nights of cancelled plans he decided for plan B. What is plan B, well a nice walk to a spot in Laguna overlooking the ocean to watch the sunset. On the way down 3 bottles would be placed along the trail with notes inside about memories they'd shared. At the end would be two chairs, blankets, Martinellis, rose peddles and a final bottle. In the final bottle would be the ring but before it would be opened a signal would be made and a fire would be lit spelling out "Marry Me". It all went as planned accept for the sunset part. Below are some images that my wife and I were able to shoot as everything went down. I must say my wife got some artsy angles...she's a natural.


Here's the happy couple walking down to the cliff over looking the sunset. My brother is so smooth, notice his jacket over his girl. They arrived a little bit after the sun had already hit the water but that didn't stop us from shooting in the low light.


They made it to the chairs and Martinellis


I shot from the beach with my 600mm hiding in the tide pools


And there's the signal


My friend Raul was the fire starter. It's amazing how the lighter fluid works so well


The drop knee stance


The burning question was asked and she said yes of course. Way to go Mark and Jessica!

No comments:

Post a Comment